For companies, know the ability of their future worker is a very important point in the process of interview. To reach this proposes the interviewers apply hypothetical questions or questions of ability during the interviews; these questions present hypothetical situation inside work where the applicant will tell how he will to face these situations. In this case, the velocity of response is evaluated by the interviewer; he want know the time and capacity of reaction that the applicant have in front of these situations.
Many job interviews look for make you hypothetical questions that could put you really nervous. A stress interview is usually the most difficult interview and many people would like to avoid. Yet, employers recognize that it is necessary to test the practical skills of the candidates, and this is why they are asked questions that put them absolutely nervous. You must think as your employer is asking the question, and give a proper answer that resolves the situation presented by the employer. As long as you apply a logical thinking process, you will excel the stress interview. Now, there are no right answers to each question because there are situations that can be handled differently. However, there are answers that are out of place, and you must be careful when formulating them.
These types of questions require of postulants a high level of creativity to resolve determinate problems, in this way the interviewer prepare with many hours of anticipation these special questions and the adequate responses to these questions will mean a significant advance for the applicant. But will be impossible give an excellent answer to hypothetical questions because the response could be many and all the right ones. However, the applicant can follow the next advice to face in a better form these kinds of questions:
- Don't appear surprised or annoyed in front of these questions is important, the companies want workers with creativity, the lack of willingness of the applicant could be deadly.
- Don´t stay quiet when you have to answer hypothetical questions. Try to answer to all questions, the companies search workers who do not give up against difficult situations.
- In some situations the interviewer evaluates the logic of the applicant, for this reason the responses have to be logical and practices.
- A point a favor is to know the culture and philosophy of the company to which the applicant wishes to apply. This advice is important to give answer according to the wishes of the company.
The ability of resolve problems in an adequate time is the impression that the interviewer and companies want to find in their future workers, and following these advices, any postulant can face these questions with serenity and security and win this step. Other advices is about the firmness of the gaze, the postulant always have to demonstrate security in his response looking directly to eyes of interviewer, with the hands on the table to express transparency and talk many explaining the response.
Types of Questions
Generally, these are questions of ability that begins with: "What would you do if...
- A coworker talks up too loud when directed towards you?
- Are asked to organize a new management plan?
- Two coworkers are initiating a fight inside the company?
- Your boss proposes you a relation outside of work?
- See to coworkers having sexual relation in the bathrooms of the work? Inter alia.
The best advice to face these special questions is demonstrate capacity of self-control in the response, the postulant have to take all time possible to response adequately these questions; a idealistic and honest response always is better and leaves a good impression of the applicant. Well you see, the creativity is important in any interview, on this sense, always hypothetical question will be use by the companies in the process to hire personal. Therefore, the applicant should know his abilities and practice over them, to generate confidence and face in the best form these types of questions.
If you feel that you are being interrogated rather than interviewed you might be in a "stress interview", also called direct interview". The employer may be interested to see how you handle pressure. They will ask direct questions that will put you on the spot. The trick is to stay calm and composed while addressing their concern or answering the question.
- The recruiter makes you wait 10 minutes.
- Why is your GPA not higher?
- I don't know if you have what it takes for this position. (Then silence)