Sample interview questions
In this section, you will find a large number of common interview questions that interviewers ask in order to evaluate different aspects of your personality and work methodology such as: personal motivation, goals, flexibility, stress management, manageability, and so on. Some of these questions may be difficult to answer; however, when reading this list you will have enough time to formulate coherent and authentic answers. If it is your first interview, we recommend you to go over this list of sample interview questions as much as possible. If you are applying for a job after a long time, it is advisable to review this list too. The key is to go prepared to a scheduled interview.
Personal motivation and traits
These questions evaluate your ambitions, motivations in life as well as the reasons why you want to work in the company.
- What motivates you to seek a new job?
- What motivates you to do a better job?
- Do you think that the money is the best motivation?
- What do you think are the disadvantages of this post?
- Could you tell me what discourages you about this job?
- Could you tell me one of your personal projects?
- What is the best motivation in your life?
- What this company offers you to achieve your goals?
- What makes a job more enjoyable?
- What do you think are the best conditions to work properly?
- What is your greatest strength / weakness or deficiency?
- Why do you choose this company instead others?
The main aim of this kind of question is try to get information about your future plans and desires to be successful.
- Could you tell me what are your main goals in the life?
- Tell me about a friend/relative that you consider succesfull
- "Success" has any meaning to you?>
- "Failure" has any meaning to you?
- Do you consider yourself successful?
- Do you set goals in the job/life?
- What do you do to reach a goal?
- Tell me about a recent goal.
- What is your main goal in your life?
- What goals you want to reach in this company?
- How can you help the company to reach its goals?
- What does "goal" mean for you?
Here you will find some questions that interviewers use to evaluate your communication skills.
- Tell me about a job experience in which you had to use communication skills
- Do you like to work through a direct treatment or documents like a memo?
- Do you think that your communication skills will be helpful in the company?
- According to your job experience, what is the most important, the written or oral communication?
- Do you think that the communication skills are very important to this post?
As you probably know, flexibility is one of the most important features that employers seek in their employees. These are some common questions that you should take into account.
- How did you handle the changes?
- Do you like the risks?
- How important is the adaptability on your job?
- How do you handle the problems in the workplace?
- Have you ever work with unpleasant co-workers?
- How do you handle the schedule changes?
- Are you willing to work overtime?
Without a doubt, stress is very common in the work place. The aim of these questions is try to see how you can handle the stress.
- How do you meet the deadlines in the workplace?
- Have you ever worked in a stressful environment?
- What does "stress" mean for you?
- Have you ever taken difficult decisions?
- Could you tell me the most difficult situation you have faced on your last job?
- What do you do when you are having trouble with your job?
- How do you organize when you have a lot of work?
The main aim of these questions is try to get information about your manageability skills.
- Have you ever had a trouble with your boss?
- How do you handle the problem with your boss?
- How do you handle criticism?
- Could you tell me when was the last time that one of your ideas has been criticized?
- What are those things that your boss did and you disliked?
- Have you ever been unfairly criticized by your boss? How did you handle it?
- Have you ever lost control at work? How did you handle it?
- What would you do if your boss criticizes you for any reason at all?
We hope these sample interview questions have been helpful for you. We encourage you to be well prepared for your next job interview!