How to quit your job
Independent of the reasons why you want to quit your job, and the degree of urgency you have to give it up, the most important thing is to follow the right steps and have the appropriate attitude during the process. It does not matter how or what your job is, professionalism is not only a job requirement; it is also a personal requirement that you must not leave behind. Would you like to know how to quit your job? Then we invite you to read the following information.
We want to provide the necessary information and the right steps when you are going to quit a job, However, we do not recommend leave the job half done, but if there is not this kind of problem, you must consider the emotional impact of stopping paid work.
Some things to take into account are that until your last day of work you are still part of the company, therefore your attitude must not change simply because you made up your mind and wish to end the business relationships. Keep a good working relationship is very important and necessary in order to have a good resume.
It is also important to remember that you never know when references will be useful, and if you think references from the job you currently have are not important, some of the most important companies ask for a referral to know how your development was in your previous job. The next information is going to be helpful to take the right decision at this difficult moment of quit your job.
Remember the next information:
- Your resume must contain your work experience (be honest in this part, your new employers could research this information)
- Your past actions are going to be your future actions.
- Sometimes companies have difficult situations, and the working environment becomes even more difficult (keep calm and be patient it is advisable in this cases).
- If the company does not respect your workings rights, you must consider initiate legal proceedings.
- You are an important and necessary part of the company, your professional success are going to be reflected in the company's success
Majority of people that quit your job always have related reasons to take this decision
Here are some examples
- The company is going through a period of economic crisis.
- The work relationships are damaged maybe with the boss or other employee.
- Your lifestyle has changed; you have new responsibilities, problems, etc. You need gain more money.
- The company does not give you the recognition that you desire.
- The company has some ethical problems.
- The level of stress is so high that is affecting your physical and mental health.
- One of the most common reasons is, there are not any challenges, and you need take new responsibilities.
- You feel that you do not fit in the company.
If you are having some or several of the mentioned problems, you have big reasons to leave the job. This could cause you to take the decision of quit the job. Now the problem is how to quit your job.
How to quit your job, the process is very easy; read the next information to not have doubts. We hope with this advice you could be sure about your decision.
Think about your decision
First, you must make a review about the pros and cons of quit your job, you must be sure of your decision. When you has relinquished, there is no turning back.
Express your idea
Then, you must express your idea with your immediate boss. You must know how to substantiate your decision, give your reasons, and what do you think about your professional future. The more likely it is that your boss are going to ask to not quit the job, he will give you the pros of not leave the job, but if it is not the case, he will ask you to be in the company until the company hires a new employee for the job. It is advisable keep a good relationship with your boss. He could give a good recommendation to other companies.
Prepare you letter of resignation
If you do not want to give reasons, excuses or something else, you could prepare a letter of resignation. In this letter you could express your point of view about the company and give the most important reasons of your decision.
Preparation of documents
The company will send you a reply, in which you will be informed about your liquidation of wages. We recommend be patient with this response. If they do not give any answer is the moment of thinking in take legal actions, you should hire a professional in laws.