Dental assistant interview questions
In recent decades, job interviews have become very competitive and demanding; for that, the job seekers must be capable to face different interview processes, because, many of them can be exhausting and stressful; for this reason, the most dental assistants must be trained in many health fields. This career requires all the efforts and sacrifice from their professionals.
All the health institutions demand to their workers to have more experience, more knowledge, more extra studies, because these professionals work day to day with the health of thousands of patients. There are many professions related dental field like: dental technicians, dental hygienists, dental assistants and many others too, each one with different roles. These health workers should have the virtue to know how to react to hazardous and stressful situations.
The dental assistant interview questions could be long and demand your entire attention during your interview. Almost always, the interviewers elaborate several questions related with the personal and professional life of the interviewees; you should not neglect both types of questions, take a time to practice your answers, your postures in front of the interviewers, how you must consult when you have any doubts. Remember, go to the interview knowing what kind of questions are usually be asked by the interviewers.
Dental Assistant Tasks
For many health professionals, whether recently graduated or with many years of experience, the idea of going to an interview is both exciting and scary. The most typical dental assistant interview questions are related dental assistant tasks, the follow list contains the topics with which could be associate some questions of your next interview.
- Training of patients for any dental care or surgery.
- Record medical history of patients or how take note about vital signs of patients.
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Sets up exam rooms.
- Sterilization and disinfects instruments.
- Using of instrument trays.
- The principal tasks during dental procedures.
- Management of medical and dental emergencies.
- Diagnostic x-rays .
- Processes dental x-rays.
- Making teeth impressions for diagnosis.
- Performing molds and fabrication temporary crowns.
- Provisioning postoperative instructions prescribed by dentist.
- Provisioning oral health counseling, and nutritional counseling.
Apply for a dental job involves some tips that the job seeker should take in account during the interview, the interviewee must demonstrate that is qualified to meet the challenge, another suggestion could be, he/she should evaluate both the position and offer to make sure it is right for he/she, and finally, to get the interviewer's commitment or expression of interest in your pass to the next stage of the selection process. If you achieve to get these three things in an interview, the probability that the job is yours will be of 90%.
The most common dental Assistant Interview Questions
Initial interview questions
- Did you work while attending school?
- What was your first / last job?
- What was your best job? Why?
- What would your last employer say about you?
- Which job was most difficult for you? Why?
- How do you feel about this opportunity?
- What work experiences have you had that prepare you to be successful in this position?
- What do you see as your three greatest strengths?
- What do you think is your biggest weakness?
- How do you learn best? How would you describe your learning style?
- Is there anything that you hate of you?
- If you discover that have made a mistake, how would you handle this problem?
- What motivates you to learn?
- What motivates you to excel?
- What are you passionate about?
- Which job was most difficult for you? Why?
- Are you a creative person?
- How would you describe your creativity?
Questions related dental assistant tasks
- Are you involved in some pre-dental groups?
- Do you work well under direct or continuous supervision?
- Do you enjoy working with your hands?
- What hobbies do you have that require hand skills?
- Is there any association for dental assistants?
- Why should I join the ADAA?
- What are the job prospects for a dental assistant?
- Do you have experience properly handling dental equipment?
- What kind of experience do you have with preparatory dental procedures?
- Do you know how to maintain dental records?
- Are you aware of issues facing dentistry today?
- What is the highlights thing that you observed during your experience as a dental assistant?
- Do you have specific interests related to dental assistant?
- How long does it take to make a one unit temp crown?
- Why do you want to work here?
The above dental assistant interview questions will help you to improve and reinforce some of your skills to face an interview, take a time to practice with these questions and elaborate short answers for each questions, only so, you will be prepared to respond the hard questions asked by interviewers.