Always people need some changes, new challenges or maybe look for new motivations. If you are a person that can change your work when you decide you are really lucky. The current economic situation in the world has produced more redundancies than new contracts.
However, if you have the firm idea of quit your job, whatever is the reason. You should consider some aspects to overcome this process in the best way, taking the right steps, is very important to keep the work relationships before, during, and after you work in the company.
If you are really interested in a "job change" the first step is leave the job, this is the first part of the complex process of "job change". You must have important reasons to quit the job. Here are the most common:
- Your work is very stressful and is causing several problems at home. This is one of the most common reasons. There are several companies which does not complies with the norms and exploit their workers.
- You do not have a good work relationship with your boss.
- You have gotten a better job.
- You want to start a new study program to improve your salary.
You must prepare your letter of resignation. You must notify your boss with at least 30 days notice. You will be working until the company hires a new person who replaces you.
Get a new job is a difficult task, you must invest all your time, keep your attitude positive and do not ever give up. The current list contains the job hunting tips.
- Define your interests: Depending about what you have studied you must find the job according your possibilities, skills and abilities.
- Analyze your possibilities of job: It is advisable analyze the possible companies where you could work.
- The CV: we recommend be honest and try to adapt your resume according to the company that you are applying.
- Before the interview: If you have been called for an interview, review all the possible information about the company, use clothes according to the job, you should dress a suit.
- In the interview: In the job interview you must be secure about yourself and try to transmit your ideas in clear form.
Sometimes the job searching require professional help, in the last years the job search is a very difficult task. There are several employment agencies that require different kind of professionals; some employers publish their requirements in these places. If you want professional help this is the perfect place. There are different kinds of professionals willing to collaborate with you providing advisory.
The majority of young people and college students always apply for this kind of jobs. For this reason there are several kinds of companies that offer a big quantity summer jobs, the main objective of these summer jobs is introduce the young people to the labor market.
This programs offer opportunities for people from different countries, the majority of this jobs are in hotels, malls, restaurants, resorts, etc. Summer jobs are a great way to prepare for life.
The last economic crisis has produced the necessity of travel to find better job opportunities. A big percentage of young people have emigrated in search of work abroad. Many people who have traveled to work abroad have not returned back. The reason is just one the big gap that exists between some countries. The next list shows the most important reasons:
- The GDP, in other countries the salaries are better.
- The modern countries offer quality of life.
- Some countries offer work facilities to immigrants.
- The developed countries offer better life expectancy than others.
All this adds up to a very difficult situation of these countries, the political causes, cultural causes, socio-economic causes and family problems.
At the moment of job search we commit several mistakes; we have to try to avoid:
- Disorientation: Is necessary put in your resume you skills and most important abilities and looks the job in a company where you can develop these capacities.
- Contacts: locate contacts and friends who can help you find a new job.
- Mistakes in your Resume: When your resume have too much information, lies, incomplete data or grammatical errors. Probably you will be the first person that is going to be rule out from an interview.
- Be honest: Some people think that saying lies, they will get the job. You must be honest every moment in your resume and in the interview.