An interview self-assessment is very important to people how are looking to get a new job, it allows you to look yourself in the mirror and see the real you with all your weakness and strengths. It is essential to be honest with yourself in order to take a realistic self-assessment in terms of knowledge, skills, experience and abilities.
If you do this process correctly, it will provide you the foundation for job interview as well as the entire job search process. You must look inward and ask yourself what you need to get that job and what interviewers look for hiring someone. This self-assessment leads to an intimate understanding of your personal values, consumption patterns, personal traits, and the most important longer-term goals. However, a self-assessment usually refers to discover your base skills, preferred skills and underdeveloped skills to have a clear panorama about what you can offer at job interview.
If you have had a job interview before, you may recollect your thoughts and think about what you should avoid saying and what you should definitely say. Think about your manners and speech, and think if it helped you to obtain the job. If you didn't get the job, you may want to consider another successful interview that you have had. You must conduct an interview self-assessment; it is absolutely helpful and it will help you in your future interview. It will help you to answer difficult situations better.
Interview self-assessment Process
The self-assessment process usually takes place before an interview. It sometimes becomes a difficult or complex exercise because most people don't know how to begin. The following tips will help you to do this process easy:
- First, you will have to check out your resume to identify the possible reasons why employers consider you for an interview. If you know the reason, it will be easier to identify your strengths and weaknessesat the self-assessment.
- You have to list your strengths that match the qualifications of the job you want. You must emphasize your strengths at the interview.
- You also have to list all your weaknesses. It is difficult to address them so you will have to be very honest with yourself. You have to recognize that you are not perfect and you have areas upon which you need to improve. It is possible you spend much time to list your weaknesses, don't worry about it.
- You should research about your possible job. This process will provide you lost of valuable information. It also will decide if you are already prepared for the interview or not.
- It is a good idea to make a list with the possible question you will have to answer in the interview. They will help you practice your voice tone and your body language for the interview.These questions must be based on the job description and your research.
- Don't forget to practice the interview; you can solicit the assistance of a relative, friend or college. If you obtain the feedback from another person, you will be able to see a different perspective about your responses. If you can find anyone to assist in practicing your interview, you can practice by recording your answers on a video. You will be able to hear yourself and analyze your weak points.
- You will have to spend time to practice your non-verbal communication. It is very important to know how you use your hands while you speak. You can stand in front of a mirror to practice and look your movements.
- It is a good idea to write notes and ideas about other job interviews that you have had. They will be a useful source of information. Your old job interviews will help you discover many other things to have a successful interview.
- You must practice to be prepared, but not so much that genuineness and spontaneity are lost. It is not god to have a strict dash because not all interviewers will behave as you think. It is probably you will have differentsceneries.
Once you complete your interview self-assessment, you will notice you are ready to face any interview. This process usually makes us discover what we need to impress interviews as well as what we don't have to do at the interview. It is sure that this inward view will clarify our doubt and provide us the enough tools to not make mistakes, but you will be as hard as your possible interviewers will be with yourself, don't forget.