Interview Questions and Answers
An interview is pretty stressful for the candidates and for the interviewers and in order to reduce the stress levels you should be prepared. Most of the people that apply for a job have to pass an interview, which is why being prepared for answering the questions that have been asked is important. In this section Interviewquestions and answers you are going to be able get important information about any technique of interview, questions and the responses that every interviewerexpects. Being prepared will give you an advantage during the process of selection and bigger chances of being contracted.
In an interview process there are different types of questions that an interviewer will ask:
- Direct questions:
In this type of questions the interviewer will gain direct information of you, an example will be:
What can you offer to the position that you apply? So in this kind of questions you should be very specific in the information that you are providing.
- Non-direct questions:
This type of questions are do not seem that want to get information but they do, for example: tell us about yourself, they are asking about your life and your personal achievements, so it is important to be punctual and specific, if you can make a relationship between the job position and your skills do not hesitated and do it.
- Hypothetical or situational questions:
In this type of question you will be asked to solve a problem in a hypothetical situation, an example will be: if you were in a particular situation how will you handle the situation? It is important that you handle the problem calm and follow these steps: gather information, evaluate, prioritize, get advice (only if necessary), take a decision, communicate it and check the results.
- Behavioral descriptive questions:
This type of questions is to gather information about past experiences and jobs, for example: in your last job, have you ever used your leadership's skills? And how?
There are different question that are asked during an interview, here you are going to be able to take a look at them, remember that it is important to practice with them so at the time the interviewer ask , some of them are:
- Tell me about your self
- Why did you leave your last job?
- Do you have experience in this field?
- How successful have you been the past five years?
- How do you feel about this organization?
- What do your co-workers say about you?
- How do you feel about working in a team?
- Do you consider that you are a great asset to this company?
There are many questions that are commonly asked during an interview, they are:
- What is your greatest weakness?
- How do you evaluate success?
- Why do you want this job?
- Why are you leaving or have left your job?
- How do you handle stress and pressure?
- What is your greatest strength?
- Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it.
- Why should we hire you?
A person who enter to an interview always has questions, and an interviewer should respond to the questions with no doubt, that is why the interviewer should be prepared in advance in order to avoid uncomfortable moments, some of the questions are:
- How flexible are the hours?
- Do you schedule people for primarily the same hours every week, or do they vary greatly?
- Do you offer commission?
- How many hours will I work in this position?
- How many hours per week/day are offered with this position?
- Are there extra hours available during the holidays?
- Does this company have a policy of promoting from within?
Most of the interviewers use a sample of interview questions, them might or not be used for the majority but all of them have a single purpose, that is to know better the candidate and if he fits the needs of the company that the interviewer represents. Samples of interview questions and answers are key tools for any interviewer to be successful.