Criteria based interview
Criteria based interview or Competence based information is formed by all the requirements that companies need such as different types of skills, manners, personal qualities, work experiences and knowledge.
Companies require different skills and abilities for the different work options, the recruiters almost ever do the same questions and use basic criteria to qualify the competences of the applicants. The recruiters use a simple logic to approve the candidates.
The interviewers try to get the most possible information from the past behavioral; they use the premise the good past behavior is going to be the good future behavior; the questions are directly based with the skills required for the job.
The most important companies are concerned in improve the interviews, a good selection of the personal will guarantee the success of the company, the structured interviews are the most trustful and accurate forms to evaluate the candidates.
A good interview will evaluate the candidates in different sceneries, between the most important competitions we have:
- The leadership: Perhaps the most important competition.
- Team work: Is highly necessary to achieve goals.
- Planning: Is the base of the team work.
- Self motivation: If you don't like your job, you will never be successful.
- Adaptability: All the companies require people easily adapt to a new job.
- Pressure: The ability to work under pressure is necessary, people should improve this ability.
- Communication: The facility of communication will be very import.
- Organization: Related with planning.
The usual questions are formulated depending about the job and the most common are the listed below:
Related with experience:
- Do you have any work experience?
- What training have you had?
- Where did you work?
This is the first part of the interview; the main objective of these questions is to create a trusted environment.
Related with leadership:
- Are you a leader?
- Why do you consider a leader?
- Why you don't consider a leader?
The leadership is a big process and is the ability to direct a human group. You must consider this concept before give an answer.
Related with communication:
- Have you ever given a public presentation about a specific theme?
- What was the number of the people in this presentation?
- Did you have any inconvenient in you presentation?
The communication is an important aspect to be successful in all job fields.
Related with management:
- What do you think about the management?
- How do you manage your time?
- How much time you spend in searching current information in the web?
Management of people, time and resources is very important to be a leadership.
Related with team work:
- Could you give me an example of team work?
- If you could work in this scenery, what will be your contribution?
- Have you ever managed a group?
The objective of these questions is known what are going to be your answers in different sceneries.
Related with motivation:
- What do you imagine in the next year?
- What are you looking for in your next role?
- What do you hope achieve in this company?
The questions about motivation are important to know if you have desires for self improvement.
- What languages did you study?
- How often do you stay at home?
- Would you have any problem, if you travel to work abroad?
- Why did you apply for this job?
The complementary questions are to cover all the possible job fields
The majority of the interview tries to include different fields but the essentials are: leadership, team work, management, self motivation, creativity and technical skills related with the job. Almost all companies use a highly structured interview format.
In resume the criteria based interview focus in obtain information about you and your performance in previous works to reinforce the professional competences.
The most required professional competences are the next: Negotiation, Communication, diplomacy, problem solving, planning and organization, team work and leadership.
At the interview we recommend:
- Be honest about your competences, this is advisable.
- Think before you give your example. Is very important to take the necessary time to give an answer, whatever be the case.
- Don't be afraid if you have not understand the questions, ask to the interviewers clarify them.
- A good way to impress the interviewers is by asking questions to be sure about the company.
- By the way an interview is just a step to get a job, relax, smile and show your own strengths.