Accounting interview questions
Accounting interview questions are the ones that are going to be asked if you want to apply for an accounting job, so if you are thinking on entering to this world, it is recommended you are prepared. You have to be prepared for the job interview. For instance you can read everything you can about the company and also you have to know that more issues are qualified, such as:
- Technical issues
No matter on the situation you are, and what you have in mind, it is time for you to apply for a job.
In an accounting interview, you are going to be asked about a mix of general questions, technical questions, accounting skills, and general knowledge. Those questions are for getting information of you and your skills, your background and for knowing whether you fit or not in the company.
Most common accounting interview questions
- How is your technical side?
- How much do you pay attention for details?
- Which accounting applications have you work with?
- Can you mention the advantages and disadvantages of the last accounting applications that you have used?
- Have you ever develop or improve an accounting process? Which one?
- Do you know what the short term solvency ratio is?
- Can you give examples of the accounting reports that you have fixed?
- What are the biggest challenges that you have faced in the accounting field during your last jobs?
- Can you tell me about the differences between accounts and finances?
- Could you give me a definition about contingent liabilities?
- Can you tell me what a fictitious asset is?
- Can you tell me the reasons why deprecation is not charged in lands?
- Can you say the differences between, real account, personal account and nominal account?
- Please mention the methods used to allocate support costs
- Can you explain the relevance of the fisher effect and the purchasing power parity?
- If you would explain about "finalization accounts", what would you say?
- Can you mention the main differences between retail invoice and tax invoice?
- Can you mention the most important three skills that a great accountant should have?
- When you hear an expression such as creative accounting, what do you think it means?
You may also have to response questions about your last jobs and personal thinking. Be careful, because some institutions pay special attention on what the people believe in certain specific topics.
Proves that you are the right person for the job
Remember that it is important you maintain calm and be always yourself, because even if you are chosen for the job position, you are still in interview during the first week of the new job.
Well, here we have intended to present you with the most common questions for an accounting position. We recommend you taking them into consideration at the moment of your preparation for your job interview. If you work on them before your interview, you will be ready to response adequately to the questions you can have in your job interview. Think about what can be the appropriate responses that can convince interviewers, you are the right person for the job.
Knowing the common questions you can face on an interview will help you to avoid nervous, that can be non favorable for you. If you are already know the answers, you can feel more secure that the answer you are giving to interviewers are the correct, and that can assure you to get the job, but also remember that questions can vary according to the company, their interest, etc, so try to adapt your answers according to them.
We hope the information here have been useful for you, in order you be prepared for your next job interview. Sometimes there are not many opportunities for getting the job you desire, so don't lose this opportunity and show that with the knowledge and experience you have in the accounting field, you can be a great help to the company to reach their goals.